[Icecast] Running Two Instances of Icecast

Jordan Erickson jordan at coolmic.net
Mon Nov 30 20:21:42 UTC 2020

As long as there is no conflicting configuration (listen-socket, for
example) I don't see why it would knock any existing server instance
offline. They will run in parallel. This is common with many *nix
daemons, they are fully capable of running multiple instances with
multiple different configurations. Just make sure you understand what I
mean by ensuring each configuration file does not conflict with the
other (for example: pid files, log files, listen-sockets...)

What may be a bit cleaner is to use a VM or containers to separate your
testing from production. Just my humble opinion though :)

Cheers,
Jordan Erickson