[Icecast] Icecast2 with SSL, includes error.log extract

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Sat Nov 28 14:08:21 UTC 2020

Believe it or not, I have done all of those things.

When I restart Icecast with everything enabled--<ssl>1</sl>,
<ssl-certificate>/blah/blah/blah</ssl-certificate>, I get what I posted
from error.log. When I try to tream something to the server using
ezstream, ezstream can't connect to the server. Unfortunately, I blew
the log I had of this error, so when I can, I'll re-create that and post it.

The problem could be one of a couple things. Most likely it's my bundle.
I have a full chain and a private key that I use with Apache and
EngineX, and that works, so I figured it should work with Icecast. But
jut for the heck of it, I re-created that bundle by downloading my
server's public and certifying authority keys as provided by the server
hosting company, and made another bundle out of those two things plus my
server's private key. I have yet to be able to test this new bundle, but
I don't hold much hope for it working since the other bundle is what's
being used to provide secure access (https) for my server's Web
presence. I know there's something different about the two bundles
because they are different sizes--not much different, but different in
some way. I wish there was a way I could somehow run another instance of
Icecast on my server (with different ports, of course) to test with.
Then I'd have a better idea of what's going wrong, and how to fix it.