[Icecast] Icecast2 with SSL, includes error.log extract

Norbert Deleutre norbert.deleutre at umontpellier.fr
Sat Nov 28 05:56:20 UTC 2020

Hello Steeve,

5 important things for having icecast with SSL :
Install icecast with open ssl : https://wiki.xiph.org/Icecast_Server/Installing_latest_version_(official_Xiph_repositories)
Concatenate fullchain.pen and privacy.pem => bundle.pem
Add in icecast.xml : <ssl>1</ssl> and <ssl-certificate>/etc/icecast2/bundle.pem</ssl-certificate>
Check local firewall (netstat -pantu | grep icecast)
Restart icecast

ALL you MUST do is here explain here : https://mediarealm.com.au/articles/icecast-https-ssl-setup-lets-encrypt/

--------

Norbert Deleutre   <http://www.lmgc.univ-montp2.fr/perso/norbert-deleutre/>