[Icecast] Looking for sponsors for future Icecast development

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Mon Nov 9 23:35:59 UTC 2020

Good evening,

On Wed, 2020-11-04 at 10:26 +0100, Michel van Dop wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am the owner of a small streaming company in Holland, i use your
> products such as Icecast.
> What i want to do is small sponsorship. Every period wants to do this.
>
> I hope more steaming companies wil do this so that we can continue with
> your great products.
> Especially the control panel builders such as Centova Cast, MediaCP and
> EverestCast etc i ask to make a contribution.
> (we pay thousands of euros per year to Centova)

Thank you for your kinds words.

Once at a congress I overheard a chat where someone remarked that
virtually everyone is using OpenSSH. Sadly none of the big users never
gave back money to the project while making money with the OpenSSH every
day. OpenSSH is part of the foundation of many businesses, directly and
indirectly. Everyone uses it. Still he calmed that at the time the
OpenSSH project was considerably poor[0].

That made me think for a while. And I think everyone should consider the
truth in it, including outside of the software world.

While I clearly ask for monies for Icecast development, I openly invite
all of my readers to find any project, any source, any provider you
depend on daily and is important for you and give back.

Take, and give back.

> I look forward to Icecast 2.5 :-)

I'm super excited about it. It's such a big step forward. :)

With best regards,

[0] I can not comment on the real financial situation here, I never
checked it as it is not impotent for the point. Alsoit may have changed
over time.

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015