[Icecast] Mystery Song Artist Shows in Listener Stats

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Tue May 12 21:39:39 UTC 2020

It took some real deep digging, but I figured out what's going on. It's
an EZStream problem. Or maybe not. Here's what's going on. The song name
that's wrong comes from a three-second file that streams immediately
before the main program. This file contains someone saying "The
following program is broadcast in German." It seems that when the next
file streams, only some of the metadata updates Listener Stats shows the
correct program name, but the last line--Current song--gets held over
from that short file that streams first.