[Icecast] making sense of the stats

webmaster at berean-biblechurch.org webmaster at berean-biblechurch.org
Thu Mar 26 01:24:40 UTC 2020

I can't make sense of the connection stats on the admin page.  We have
one source and one mountpoint.

What is the difference between _client_connections_ and _clients_ and
_connection_s?  How can they be so different in value?  Same questions
for _listener_connections_ and _listeners_?  The connections values seem
high for only 5 listeners and one admin.

Here is a snapshot of the admin page a few minutes after the server was
started and mountpoint was made available:

            client_connections
            18

            clients
            7

            connections
            24

            file_connections
            0

            listener_connections
            17

            listeners
            5

            source_client_connections
            1

            source_relay_connections
            0

            source_total_connections
            1

            sources
            1

            stats
            0

            stats_connections
            0

     Mountpoint /live.mp3
              listener_peak
              6

              listeners
              5

              max_listeners
              unlimited

After more people started to connect, the admin #s got even more whacky.

Then, I have the max clients set to 25, yet the mountpoint says
'unlimited' listeners.  Why the difference here?  Aren't listeners also
clients?

<limits>
  <clients>25</clients>
  <sources>1</sources>