[Icecast] Problem with HTTP stream but not HTTPS.

Greg Ogonowski greg at indexcom.com
Sat Mar 21 18:50:26 UTC 2020

Best to change to hls.

Icy is doomed.

/g.

From: Icecast <icecast-bounces at xiph.org> On Behalf Of Tim Baker
Sent: Saturday, 21 March, 2020 09:51
To: Icecast at xiph.org
Subject: [Icecast] Problem with HTTP stream but not HTTPS.

Strange issue - not sure if something has changed in Icecast2, but suddenly my long-running stream won’t connect to 8000 and says 'File or directory not found’

http://listen.radioclash.com:8000/

but will happily connect to the SSL port I’ve set up

https://listen.radioclash.com:8443/

I am using Liquidsoap to create the streams, it’s an Auto DJ station…problem is the URL I use for TuneIn etc is the HTTP one, could redirect but better to fix why the HTTP is doing that all of a sudden - but it was working until fairly recently.

Tim