[Icecast] Icecast source client with web request/voting for next to play function

Jordan Erickson jordan at coolmic.net
Thu Mar 19 16:02:04 UTC 2020

Hi Konrad,

I really like what your mission for broadcasting music with Icecast.

I use liquidsoap ( https://www.liquidsoap.info/ ) to automate streaming
of past-recorded music content on my webradio. It's worked great, but be
aware that there is a steep learning curve compared to something like Ices2.

I am managing a project with some excellent developers here called Cool
Mic which broadcasts live audio that you could use for live performances
as well, to for example a fallback mountpoint. We are also using this
code for a live music streaming platform called SubJam (
https://subj.am/ ) that also uses Icecast as a backend. We're looking
for additional developers and funding sources with this project.

I know that others have accomplished the 'vote for next track' function,
it is beyond the scope of Icecast however and would interact with the
source client itself.

Cheers,
Jordan