[Icecast] SSL Question

Gavin Stephens gavin at stephens.net.nz
Fri Mar 6 18:08:08 UTC 2020

So as I've just found out last week, Chrome no longer will open an http
audio stream from an https website.

I've un-remarked and enabled ssl on port 443. I've configured the path
and I've used OpenSSL to generate a cert and key. I've then combined the
private key in to the cert and called it icecast.pem and un-remarked the
path to get it to read the file in the Icecast directory. I've made sure
Icecast is running as Administrator (previously wasn't, so did this for
further testing and privileges) and file permissions on the icecast.pem
file are all set correctly for anyone to read and write.

However, when when I view Icecast on port 80 all is fine, when I switch
to https no go. It is definitely alive on port 443 as I can connect to
port 443 just using http. Triple checked the config file, the listen
socket, port and <SSL>1</SSL> is definitely not rem'd out.

Am I missing something or is it not compiled for SSL for Win32?

Cheers,

Gavin.