[Icecast] using Icecast source client as PulseAudio source

Per Gunnarsson mustafejen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:28:23 UTC 2020

If you want to pick up the sound from the icecast server mount point
this should work:

gst-launch-1.0 -v souphttpsrc
location=https://mustafejen.se:8443/verket.opus ! decodebin ! pulsesink
device="sndio-sink"

In this case the audio is picked up from the icecast server, not
directly from the icecast source client.

If you want to pick up the audio within the source client itself maybe
it's possible with pulsesrc (related to pulsesink).

I don't know much about how Cool Mic works (even if I use it everyday)
but I have had occasional contact with Cool Mic developers and they were
real nice. My suggestion is that you look for the Cool Mic contact
information:

https://coolmic.net/contact/

Same goes for pulseaudio.

Regards,