[Icecast] Installing ice cast with SSL support

Damian db76 at riseup.net
Fri Jul 10 22:09:23 UTC 2020

Hi,

My question is specific to installing a version of Icecast2 with support for SSL. Of course I still need to configure the config file with the certificate later, but I’ve read that installing icecast from the xiph repositories at download.opensouse would get me a version with SSL support…doing ...

sudo sh -c "echo deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/xiph/Debian_10/ ./ >>/etc/apt/sources.list.d/icecast.list"
wget -qO - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/xiph/Debian_10/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -

I’ve also read a different thread that says I need to build it myself like below

wget http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/icecast/icecast-2.4.4.tar.gz
tar xvf icecast-2.4.4.tar.gz
cd icecast-2.4.4
./configure --prefix=/usr/serverok/icecast --with-curl --with-openssl

If the first option is indeed possible I would prefer that. Can anyone confirm it is possible?

Damian