[Icecast] icecast, ssl, windows environment

Federico Miniussi federico.miniussi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 08:31:17 UTC 2020

Hello everyone.
Thanks a lot! I got it working.
Frankly speaking I had already tested the setup proposed, but I made two
mistakes, first i tried to setup the port 443 and it was stupid as this
port is already used by web service https.

Second mistake was the .pem file that probably was wrongly concatenated and
was not recognized/loaded by icecast.

However I confirm that in most places on internet is stated that icecast
2.4.4. windows package has no ssl capability as well as linux package that
must be recompiled with openssl
In fact the guides online suggests to install the KH branch of icecast that
should be fine with SSL.

So all wrong and all fine. thank you again. Now with SSL stream running I
can finally program the Alexa skill for listening the radio on amazon
devices :)

Have nice day
Federico