[Icecast] Debian - IceCast v2.4.2 SSL Support

Thomas B. Rücker thomas at ruecker.fi
Wed May 15 05:13:26 UTC 2019

Moro,

On 5/14/19 4:36 PM, Oskar Vilkevuori wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Any idea?

Please use these packages

 https://wiki.xiph.org/Icecast_Server/Installing_latest_version_(official_Xiph_repositories)

or rebuild the Debian package but with the openssl -dev package present
on your machine.

> I found
> from https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=744815 that
> there is a license problem and therefor Icecast no longer support SSL
> on Debian. Please help me. Is this the situation? I’m happy with other
> linux distribution if there is a working package for it with SSL Support.

Yes, Debian have their own interpretation of GPL vs. the openssl
licence. They will never carry icecast built against openssl, maybe if
we get around to a gnutls backend or such, sigh...

Cheers,

TBR