[Icecast] Source client with HTTP PUT

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri May 3 16:24:28 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-05-03 at 13:19 +0000, Jürgen Bund wrote:
> I’m writting a source client in c#, in which I’m sending chunks of a
> mp3 file with http Put to IceCast.
> My problem is, that it is not a continues stream. Each http PUT
> request is an extra track.
> How can I generate an ongoing stream with mp3 chunks, which I send
> per http Put to IceCast.

Don't use PUT at all. Instead, open a TCP socket connection to the port
that the server is running on, write all of your headers to that
(terminating each one with a CR/LF), send a naked CR/LF to tell Icecast
that your done sending headers and then start writing content.

You may want to check out the libshout library, which can handle most
of the low-level nitty-gritty stuff for you 'auto-magically'.

	https://github.com/xiph/Icecast-libshout

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |