[Icecast] Multiple connections from iPhones

Sytze Visser sytze.visser at gmail.com
Thu May 2 16:22:07 UTC 2019

Hi David

I have seen similar behavior and the conclusion was that icecast will
connect a client once for each connection request. The double connection is
a result of the player/browser that possibly checks if it can connect and
then establishes the actual connection.

If you don't have control over the source code of the player, you might
have to live with the issue.

Hope it helps.