[Icecast] can admin folder render HTML files?

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Wed Mar 20 15:37:32 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon,

On Tue, 2019-03-19 at 20:41 -0500, webmaster at berean-biblechurch.org
wrote:
> I put a custom HTML file in the admin folder, but when I login to the
> admin interface then browse to it (e.g.,
> http://server:8000/admin/mypage.html), I get "400 - UNRECOGNISED
> COMMAND".  Is admin (or the admin folder) able to render only the
> standard Icecast files?
>
> I'm using 2.4.4 on Windows 10.

For Icecast admin/ is a special and protected space. What is there are
registered commands. This is what makes it unlike web/, which is files
you put in.

The files in the physical admin/ directly actually only serve as
templates for rendering HTML from those registered commands. But they
still directly correlate to those commands.

If you want to serve static files, please use web/. There is also
web/assets/, depending on what kind of files you have.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015