[Icecast] Icecast streaming issues

Adam Taufmann adam at jupiterfoundation.org
Wed Mar 6 21:12:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

I've read the definitions listed on your website about each of the
statistics that is tracked with my IceCast stream, but still have a couple
questions.

I'd like to know how many listeners we've had (from start to finish).

After reading through the definitions, it looks like the
*Listener-Connections* statistic is the one I want. My question is, *what
exactly counts as a listener connection?*

For instance, if I have turned off the source from which I'm streaming, but
then someone still tries to go to that IP address, will it be counted? (I
actually just tried this, and yes, it does still continue to count).

The reason I'm asking is that it seems like the number is a little higher
than what I'd of suspected it to be. Not to say that it's wrong, I'm just
trying to make sure I've got it right.

What I ultimately want to know is how many times has someone actually
gotten to connect and listen to what I'm streaming.

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,
*Adam Taufmann*

*Mechanical Engineer, Hawaii OperationsJupiter Research Foundation*
*Work: 808.882.7018 <808.882.7018>*
*Cell: 808.785.4466 <808.785.4466>*
*adam at jupiterfoundation.org <adam at jupiterfoundation.org>*
*www.jupiterfoundation.org* <http://www.jupiterfoundation.org/>