[Icecast] Swift help

Jayesh Dalal jayeshdalal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 22:59:48 UTC 2019

Hi Chris,

Depending on how low level you want to get, you can also use the gstreamer
libraries:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/deploying/mac-osx.html

Here is an gstreamer pipeline to read from a mic and send the information
to a local icecast server:
gst-launch-1.0 alsasrc name=mic provide-clock=true do-timestamp=true !
audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! oggmux ! shout2send mount=/01.ogg port=8000
username=u1 password=p1 ip=localhost

If you want to get fancy, you can also combine from multiple mic sources to
create a surround/stereo effect.

Jayesh