[Icecast] Logging file size and name

Patricia Moynihan pmoynihan at fsu.edu
Wed Jun 5 16:26:11 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am using Icecast 2.4.4 on Centos 7. This worked fine in the past on an old Windows machine but now I’m having issues getting the logs to change file size and name. I am trying to get my file size to be 2 MB

    <logging>
<accesslog>access.log</accesslog>
        <errorlog>error.log</errorlog>
        <!-- <playlistlog>playlist.log</playlistlog> -->
        <loglevel>1</loglevel> <!-- 4 Debug, 3 Info, 2 Warn, 1 Error -->
        <logsize>2048</logsize> <!-- Max size of a logfile -->
        <!-- If logarchive is enabled (1), then when logsize is reached
             the logfile will be moved to [error|access|playlist].log.DATESTAMP,
             otherwise it will be moved to [error|access|playlist].log.old.
             Default is non-archive mode (i.e. overwrite)
        -->
<logarchive>1</logarchive>
    </logging>

What I am getting from this are file default file names:

access.log-20190428 as well as large file sizes, up to 27MB

Any ideas?

Patricia Moynihan
Director of Digital

pmoynihan at fsu.edu<mailto:pmoynihan at fsu.edu>