[Icecast] Running version 2.5 beta as a service

Damian db76 at riseup.net
Tue Feb 12 12:51:07 UTC 2019

Hi and thanks for the replies.

Thomas, is the second option you mention an installation of the daemon necessary for running as a service?
I have already installed the icecast 2.4.99 from source using http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/icecast/icecast-2.5-beta2.tar.gz <http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/icecast/icecast-2.5-beta2.tar.gz> at icecast.org and have built it using …

./configure
make
make install.

… so I got a little confused by your suggestions.

Dave, in response to your post, /etc/init.d/icecast2 and /etc/default/icecast2 are visible when installing icecast using the apt packet manager on Debian.
When installing from source however, I don’t see these