[Icecast] YP listings in version 2.5 beta

Petr Pisar petr.pisar at atlas.cz
Mon Feb 4 17:38:00 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 09:57:29PM +1000, Damian wrote:

> > Either you called ./configure with --disable-yp or with --without-curl (see
> > XIPH_PATH_CURL definitio in m4/xiph_curl.m4)
>
> So, I can see this… but what am I looking for exactly?

How did you invoke the ./configure command when you was building the icecast?

> > or your
> > curl does meet the tested criteria. E.g. You are missing curl header files or
> > you have too old curl. What does ./configure output tell about curl support?
> >

> I’m not sure … can you explain what I need to do / where to look to find this out?
> I’m feeling my way in the dark with most of this.

Build icecast again and look at the output of the configure command.

A correctly recognized curl library should be logged like this:

checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
checking curl/curl.h usability... yes
checking curl/curl.h presence... yes
checking for curl/curl.h... yes
checking for libcurl... yes
checking whether CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL is declared... yes
checking for curl_global_init... yes

If some of these checks fail, the configure script will diable YP support and
will log "YP support disabled". Also the generated config.h won't contain
"#define USE_YP 1" line.

-- Petr