[Icecast] SSL

webmaster at berean-biblechurch.org webmaster at berean-biblechurch.org
Wed Dec 11 02:24:07 UTC 2019

Hi Ervin,

Let's Encrypt service is probably what you want for a TLS certificate
provider, though you can search for other free cert providers.  I first
used https://zerossl.com/ with their online tools to create the cert.
After a couple of manual renewals I downloaded their cmd line tool
(le64.exe), for which I created a PowerShell script to automate the
renewals.

Keep in mind that the Icecast PEM certificate file is a combining of the
private (domain) key and public key files.  (public portion first in the
file)

I know you wanted step-by-step, but here are the simplified steps:

 	* get your PEM SSL/TLS cert file

	* configure the Icecast.xml

	* in your <listen-socket> tag, add this tag: <ssl>1</ssl>

 	* consider the <port> tag value you want

 	* point to the SSL cert file in the <paths> tag:
<ssl-certificate>./icecast.pem</ssl-certificate>  (modify for your path,
"./" represents the Icecast install folder)

 	* configure your router and network accordingly

I used a combination of the two docs sites to learn about it:

 	* http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/config-file.html
 	* https://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-trunk/config_file/

Don't expect it to be a 5 minute job ...

Justin