[Icecast] Help

Hunter Yates hunteryates007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 03:18:29 UTC 2019

Thanks Rick!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Rick Keniuk
Sent: Thursday, 25 April 2019 12:22 AM
To: Icecast streaming server user discussions
Subject: Re: [Icecast] Help

Hunter,

I am using Icecast under Windows.  Check to see where the Icecast directory is located on your hard drive.  If Icecast is installed under “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)” then do an uninstall (through Window's normal method for uninstalls) and reboot the machine (I don’t remember if you need to reboot but you might do this to be safe).  Then remove the leftover “Icecast” directory (if there is one) from “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)”.  Finally reinstall Icecast but customize the install and locate the Icecast directory under “C:/“ or “D:/“ (do not use the Program Files directories) or whichever drive you would like.  My Icecast installation is at “C:/Icecast“ and it works fine on both Windows 10 and 8.1 (I’ve not tried Win 7 but I’d imagine it would be fine there also).  Try not to edit any settings in either Icecast or your encoder application initially.  My installs worked out of the box (when Icecast was installed in the root of C drive).  After it was working I carefully changed configurations (save your original configurations because you may need them to get back to functionality after accidentally misconfiguring something).

Have fun,

Rick