[Icecast] Question about replacing the web interface with an audio stream

Jordan Verner jordan at caturria.ca
Sun Apr 7 17:27:30 UTC 2019

I did something like this, but the way I did it was more of a workaround than what you might want.
What I did was run icecast on default port 8000, set up Apache on port 80, and configured a reverse proxy within apache so it would retrieve the audio stream from icecast and deliver it over port 80.
I did it so that my stream would be accessible over public wifi with port restrictions, but it accomplishes what you’re asking as well.