[Icecast] icecast ssl and letsencrypt renewal

_zer0_ gravity zer0___ at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:05:34 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have setup icecast to work with letsencrypt ssl certificate, this works fine.
But now I am struggling a bit on how to renew the certificate every 3 months.
As per letsencrypt recommendation I run a cronjob to check for  renewal every day,
problem is when there is a new certificate Icecast needs to be restarted to pick it up, as the certificate only seems to be loaded at startup of icecast.
I am thinking of checking if the content of the cert.pem file has been altered or maybe checking the file date to see if it is not older than 1 day or something like that.

Regards and tia,

Paul