[Icecast] Configuring two channels

willr willr at rice.edu
Mon Oct 8 15:25:57 UTC 2018

How to unsubscribe?
-------- Original message --------From: Jake <jake at jakebriggs.com> Date: 10/8/18  5:05 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: icecast at xiph.org, Catherine Percy <catherine.percy at ctoa.co.nz> Subject: Re: [Icecast] Configuring two channels
Hello there, a fellow kiwi!
Are you able to perhaps explain a bit more about where Icecast is hosted and how the stream is generated and served to icecast?
To have extra mount points, you merely need to stream a new stream to icecast and it'll "just work" - but I am fairly sure it is by default limited to 3 streams. This can be changed fairly easily though.
Would I be correct in assuming that you need three streams of differing qualities but the same content?
Jake

---- Catherine Percy wrote ----

Hi there,
Are you able to assist us to configure two channels on icecast?
We need to reconfigure icecast (our audio streaming server) to stream multiple "mount" points, to include the two additional streams that a digital radio app requires.
Thank youCat--
CATHERINE PERCYOperations ManagerM: +64 21 076 1182W: www.ctoa.co.nzF: www.facebook.com/CrescendoTrust