[Icecast] Icecast-asterisk streaming delay

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Nov 16 07:33:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

First, Icecast isn't a low-latency solution.  Something which uses a UDP
protocol will be faster.

You can reduce the latency by reducing the buffer size on the client side.
Disabling the burst options in Icecast may also help.

Also, which codec are you using to stream and at what bitrate?  the reason
why I ask is that the Ogg Vorbis bit rate (I believe) drops very low
during silence.

Cheers,
Geoff.