[Icecast] Custom Hooks

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Wed Nov 7 14:38:24 UTC 2018

Good afternoon,

On Wed, 2018-11-07 at 08:08 -0500, Alex Hackney wrote:
> When I stream with winamp, it appears to ask for a username and password
> Everytime. If I just set the return to true no matter what, will it prevent
> the client from asking for a password?

This sounds like there is a configuration problem. Icecast by itself
does not send a 401 without a negative reply from the server (or a
backend failure).

Maybe you can share your <mount> block (with passwords removed (if any))
with us?

Please also check your error.log for any problems. Related lines should
include "auth" somewhere in them.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015