[Icecast] Why "has fallen too far behind"?

Greg Ogonowski greg at indexcom.com
Wed May 23 02:42:00 UTC 2018

"The man with two clocks knoweth not the time."

The audio source clock does not match the audio destination clock, and
sooner or later, something needs to "give." This causes buffer under/over
flows.

The ICY protocol has no provision for timestamps which can be used to help
circumvent this in player clients, if supported.

HLS and DASH have this ability.

/greg.

StreamS