[Icecast] How to log querystring values?

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Tue May 8 05:51:50 UTC 2018

Good morning,

> Philipp,
>
>  Thanks so much for your time and relpy.

Haven't done much yet. :)

>  This dawn, before read your email, I worked to implement the URL
> authentication and it worked like a charm. I am still using
> querystring instead of custom header field because I have no control
> over the player. But, the excelent news is, no more rproxy! =)

Perfect. :)

>  And you were right, this way I have more possibilities than before!

It is. I really think that url auth is one of the best features we
have. :) It solves a lot of complicated problems nicely.

>  Again, thanks so much and congrats for the awesome job.
>
>  ps: Icecast is so far more efficient than SHOUTcast and a lot
> websites says they have no big differences, why?

I think it's because they run low-traffic streams. If your streaming
solution uses < 1% of the machine's resources, nobody cares.

That is different for those who push streams to thousands of listeners.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015