[Icecast] pre-roll ads and log file (Philipp Schafft)

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Sat Jun 16 10:11:13 UTC 2018

Good morning Jean-Luc,

On Sat, 2018-06-16 at 10:47 +0200, StreamAnalyst wrote:
> Thank you Philipp,
>
> Your answers are very clear. We understand the difference between the
> wall clock time (server side) and the playback time.

It's nice to hear my reply was helpful.

> Just one more point. You wrote that the "into file" is sent to the
> listener before the listener is attached to the actual stream. If the
> server would take 20 seconds to send the "into file" and if the
> listener only remains connected 5 seconds, I guess that he will not
> connect to the actual stream:

> will this appear in the log file as a 5 seconds connections or will
> this be invisible in the log file? In other words, do we only see the
> accesses to the actual stream in the log file and can we assume that
> all entries in the log file are from users who received the complete
> "into file" ?

The log is written for every connection that reached the client state.
That is every connection that send a full HTTP request. That is true
even if the client disconnects before the server can send any reply.

So in your example above you would see a connection of 5 seconds in the
access log.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015