[Icecast] pre-roll ads and log file (Philipp Schafft)

StreamAnalyst streamanalyst at internetofficer.com
Sat Jun 16 08:47:30 UTC 2018

Thank you Philipp,

Your answers are very clear. We understand the difference between the wall clock time (server side) and the playback time.

Just one more point. You wrote that the "into file" is sent to the listener before the listener is attached to the actual stream. If the server would take 20 seconds to send the "into file" and if the listener only remains connected 5 seconds, I guess that he will not connect to the actual stream: will this appear in the log file as a 5 seconds connections or will this be invisible in the log file? In other words, do we only see the accesses to the actual stream in the log file and can we assume that all entries in the log file are from users who received the complete "into file" ?

Best regards,

Jean-Luc, InternetOfficer SPRL