[Icecast] Help attack DDOS

Alejandro Flores alex at mordormx.net
Tue Jun 5 20:10:03 UTC 2018

may be this url can help

https://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?p=7084&sid=6ce1e17b6ad49e0a24be0e60b526f760

"
[image: Post]
<https://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?p=7579&sid=149783b084f48b41a22bfe472e82d97a#7579>Posted:
Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject:  [image: Reply with quote]
<https://icecast.imux.net/posting.php?mode=quote&p=7579&sid=149783b084f48b41a22bfe472e82d97a>
------------------------------
These firewall rules (iptables) could help:

*Code:*
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8000 -m state --state NEW -m recent -i
eth0 --set --name ICECAST -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8000 -m recent -i eth0 --update --seconds
60 --hitcount 4 --rttl --name ICECAST -j LOG --log-prefix
"ICECAST_too_many_connections"
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8000 -m recent -i eth0 --update --seconds
60 --hitcount 4 --rttl --name ICECAST -j DROP

This allows three connections within a minute by the same IP, the forth
will cause the IP to be blocked for another minute.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Victor Moreno <vitjam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ask because I only receive attacks when I activate icecast. I can not do
> anything at the application level ?.  i used ubuntu server 16.04. thanks.

>> I think you should contact to your connectivity provider, hopefully they
>> can provide you the Anti DDOS protection.
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Victor Moreno <vitjam at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I have a problem with the icecast. When I activate the service I am
>>> having an exesive consumption in the ip queries. It seems like a DDOS
>>> attack. How can I mitigate this attack?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> --
>> Alejandro Flores L.