[Icecast] IceCast 2.3.x v. 2.4.x connections? Difference?

Teddy Rilliot teddy at rilliot.fr
Wed Jul 25 17:08:50 UTC 2018

Hi there,

Icecast 2.4 introduced the « PUT » HTTP method for sources, which is not supported by Icecast 2.3 (that uses the legacy « SOURCE » method).

This may explain why your piece of software works with Icecast 2.4 but not with 2.3.

You should find relevant lines regarding this issue in your Icecast 2.3 logfiles.