[Icecast] Character encodings in ICY metadata

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Dec 3 12:13:24 UTC 2018

On Dec 3, 2018, at 04:38, Greg Ogonowski <greg at indexcom.com> wrote:

> Here is an HLS stream with metadata done right:
> https://db2.indexcom.com/playertest/05_diag/ <https://db2.indexcom.com/playertest/05_diag/>
Nice (although rather out of scope for list devoted to Icecast discussion).

> Note Extensible Metadata Fields have been set up with multiple languages, and they are all sent at once.
> In order for this to work properly, the entire metadata path from start to finish is required to be UTF-8 Unicode. Any modern software is.

I see you’re doing that by layering it onto the HTML presentation, rather than including it in the m3u8 data. Interesting (albeit rather fragile methinks)…

Cheers!

|    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in     |
|    overalls and looks like work.                                     |
|                                         -- Thomas Edison             |