[Icecast] YP registration for Authenticated streams

Dave Serls dave at dashs.denver.co.us
Tue Aug 7 20:21:21 UTC 2018

On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 21:20:07 +0200
"Marvin Scholz" <epirat07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 Aug 2018, at 20:55, Dave Serls wrote:
>
> >  Is it possible to register ones icecast streams at dir.xiph.org if
> > they require
> >  URL authentication?
>
> Why would it be useful to have streams in the directory that users can
> not listen
> to because they require auth?

  Ah. Answering a question with a question.
  I do not know if dir.xiph.org is included as a standard for internet radio appliances.
  Or is included in searches made from other sites.
  I am only interested in servicing users who may also use my email server, who will
  provide IP addresses that have been white-listed here for URL auth.
  Now can you provide an answer to my question?