[Icecast] Icecast chrooted and ssl

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Tue Oct 17 23:19:08 UTC 2017

Good evening,

On Tue, 2017-10-17 at 07:51 +0000, _zer0_ gravity wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been struggling to setup icecast with ssl on port 443.
> I am running Debian Wheezy and installed icecast by downloading the source
> and compiling.

It's very much recommended to use this method:
https://wiki.xiph.org/Icecast_Server/Installing_latest_version_(official_Xiph_repositories)

> This went all ok, including ssl support.
> When running ssl on a port >1024 and not chrooting ssl works fine, so the
> certificate is ok.
> But when enabling chroot everything works but ssl.

> [...]
>         <ssl-certificate>/ssl.pem</ssl-certificate>
> [...]

As you did correctly, the cert must be present within the chroot.

> And my error log does not show any trouble:
> [...]
> [2017-10-17  07:26:37] INFO connection/get_ssl_certificate SSL certificate
> found at ssl.pem
> [...]

That indicates that it's loaded.

How does 'works but ssl' show? What kind of error do you get?
Do you have a link to your server?

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015