[Icecast] Icecast on my website

Greg Ogonowski greg at indexcom.com
Mon Oct 16 06:42:54 UTC 2017

Sorry to say, you are misinformed about this.

We are the developers of the original HE-AAC Encoder, Orban Opticodec-PC, and now all the StreamS Encoders, including the first with xHE-AAC now. So we know a thing or two about this, as we have thousands of encoders in use globally.

IE does not support AAC ADTS ICY streaming directly. Edge sort of does.

Real time metadata can be displayed in a Flash Player configured for FLV and using the KH Version of Icecast with a requested FLV stream with onMetaData metadata.

Another problem with the Flash Player is it uses one of the most horrible quality AAC decoders, and like Firefox Windows, is a fixed-point decoder. Additional explanation about this is probably beyond the interest here.

Once again to be clear here, a standard Icecast server serves AAC using ADTS with HTTP/HTTPS and embedded metadata which IS NOT ID3.

/greg.

StreamS/Modulation Index