[Icecast] AAC+ on my website

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Mon Oct 16 00:28:30 UTC 2017

Mark,

IE doesn’t support the AAC+ codec via ICY protocol using the HTML5 Audio tag.  IE does support playing AAC+ streams via Adobe Flash with the KH edition of Icecast Server.  You could implement a Flash player with HTML5 fallback.  That’s the opposite of what most websites seem to do but we managed to do it and works better than the other way around.

Ross.