[Icecast] Fall back from 2 different sources.

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Wed May 24 06:28:54 UTC 2017

Hi all,
we have an industrial strength server acting as a relay for several
services using Icecast2.

Some of the stations have installed two seperate broadband connections
to guard against network outages, which do occur and can last several hours.

Exploring the fallback option we find it is limited to different mounts
on the same server.

What we want to do is have two different Icecast2 servers, on two
different IP addresses with the relay server picking which ever is 'up'.

There is a chance someone has already figured this out. [hope hope]

regards
Robert Jeffares