[Icecast] Icecast to Tunein

David R Howard drh0603 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 15:27:41 UTC 2017

Talk about doing my head in ... I've got 'Playit Live' sorted. Our stations
shows are on there waiting .. I've linked my stream from my 'Playit Live'
(Similar to Rivendell) account to Icecast and they report back '*on air*' -
but WHERE ????!!!!!, How the heck can people listen to what I'm sending to
Icecast? what is the URL that people need to visit to listen to our radio
station? ..
I've kicked the cat, Sulked for hours on end and even begged Icecast for
help, my wife has threatened to take the car and kids .. all to no
avail...😁😉😁😉 The only conclusion left is, I'm a total dummy or Icecast
like to make things as difficult as possible.
Before I finally give up and throw the whole thing out of the window. As
we're four floors up that might be dangerous for someone walking below ..
PLEASE HELP
David R Howard

On 20 June 2017 at 16:00, Ethan <telmnstr at 757.org> wrote:

> Here's a description of how their API works and what you have to send it.
>> I don't have a solution for sending it from the server and would LOVE to
>> know one myself!
>>

> I used to run an internet radio station that was listed on TuneIn! Turned
> it all off when I took a job with a large internet streaming music service.
>
> The way my setup worked was the automation system was Rivendell.
>
> I used a script I found online that would update the Icecast stream title
> with the currently playing artist and song. This was triggered by Rivendell
> on song change. I also added into that script the API hook to update the
> artist and title with TuneIn, using wget or curl.
>
> The downside was, as I recall, that TuneIn only did song/title updates on
> one of the two big mobile platforms. Like Android would update but IOS
> wouldn't, or vice-versa. Hopefully they've fixed that because I plan to
> return to internet streaming at some point in the future!
>
> Good luck!
>
>                         - Ethan

David R Howard
Papa D Productions