[Icecast] Change bitrate

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Wed Aug 23 17:16:40 UTC 2017

El mié, 23-08-2017 a las 08:08 -0700, Jordan Erickson escribió:
> Hi José,
>
> You can use Ices2 to accomplish this - take a look at the docs:
>
> http://icecast.org/ices/docs/ices-2.0.2/config.html
>
> (Specifically the <encode> section - looks like you were using some
> incorrect parameters which would explain why it wasn't working).
>

> Sincerely,
> Jordan Erickson

Thanks Jordan,
Exactly, I was already doing some tests with <encode> section into the
Ices2 configuration file, but I did not get the result sought.
I will do tests again, especially with <quality> and <nominal-bitrate>
Maybe I should not define both parameters at the same time.
I listen to radio stations with 64 kbps and good audio quality. I want
to achieve something similar by reducing the current bitrate to consume
a smaller amount of data.
Best regards.
José Luis