[Icecast] Change bitrate

Jordan Erickson jordan at coolmic.net
Wed Aug 23 16:52:40 UTC 2017

Hi José,

You can use Ices2 to accomplish this - take a look at the docs:

http://icecast.org/ices/docs/ices-2.0.2/config.html

(Specifically the <encode> section - looks like you were using some
incorrect parameters which would explain why it wasn't working).

Sincerely,
Jordan Erickson

On 08/23/2017 05:50 AM, José Luis Artuch wrote:
> El mié, 23-08-2017 a las 14:42 +0200, Marvin Scholz escribió:

>>> Thanks Marvin,
>>> I also made a test with the Ices2 configuration file:
>>>
>>> <encode>
>>>     <bitrate>128</bitrate>
>>>     <samplerate>44100</samplerate>
>>>     <channels>2</channels>
>>> </encode>
>>>
>>> But the bitrate did not change.
>>
>> AFAIK Ices2 does not re-encode therefore it is unable to change
>> the bitrate.
>>
> Then I should look for another source client. Do you know of anyone who
> does ?.
> Thanks.

Jordan Erickson (PGP: 0x78DD41CB)
Logical Networking Solutions, 707-636-5678