[Icecast] Server kicking clients off

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 21:49:00 UTC 2017

hey,

 I cast itself can not re encode a stream, you would have to use something
like dark ice or vlc to set up as a listener and then source the new
encoded stream on another mount point.  The external program will encode
the stream in what ever format is needed. Mp3 are private and can run into
use laws and Ogg is ope n to use. I not seen any body taken town because of
it yet.

I would worry more about the internet latency then worry about much latency
is added with re encoding. Offering slower encoding should help out those
who don't have faster internet.

DAvid.