[Icecast] Server kicking clients off

Jack Elliott thatjackelliott at kpov.org
Thu Apr 27 04:58:41 UTC 2017

Thanks, Brad -- I first turned to VLC but my stream-client device is a
Raspberry Pi 3, and there doesn't seem to be a build for the device.
That said, I just stumbled across mpg123, a command-line mp3/stream
player that has audio buffer and timeout setting which so far looks
quite robust.

For Icecast2 content, when Icecast kicks a client off for being "too far
behind" -- what is "too far"?

--
That Jack Elliott
(541) 848 7021