[Icecast] help on listener connection stats

Chris Howard chris at elfpen.com
Sun Apr 16 23:59:06 UTC 2017

Thanks for the insight.
I'm keeping an eye on my logs and I think I'm getting a better
feel for my traffic.  I still see "listener_connection"
going up for some unknown reason.

And the "Bose..." thing seems to connect every hour at
around the half-hour mark (x:30) and listen for 10 minutes
and then drop off.  The IP addresses change but they
are all Amazon Web Services in Virginia.
I wish I knew what that was about.  The regularity of
it feels more like a robot of some sort than a real listener.
And our programming pattern at the half-hour mark is not
anything predictable.

Chris Howard
wmfh-lp.org