[Icecast] help on listener connection stats

Chris Howard chris at elfpen.com
Sat Apr 15 13:19:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

I see two statistics on the admin web page.

On my system "listeners" is usually 0.  Sometimes I will
actually catch it at 1 or 2, but it is 0 99% of the time.

On the other hand "listener_connections" is always
going up.  If I refresh the screen it goes up by a few.
If I wait an hour and refresh it goes up by tens.
Over a few days it goes up by hundreds.

What is this telling me?

In pursuit of this question I started looking at the
logs a little bit.  I see a lot of connections
happening, particular from a Bose Streaming Service
(something like that) which can show 5-6 log entries
in one second.  What's up with that?

Thanks for your help

Chris Howard
Classic Book Radio