[Icecast] IceCast Stream stopping due to server client limit reached

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Sat Jun 25 07:44:31 UTC 2016

Good Morning,

On Sat, 2016-06-25 at 16:36 +1000, PSRFM Support wrote:
> Our IceCast streamer version 2.4.1 provides an aac and mp3 stream from
> our community radio station. We have recently had a number of
> streaming feed drop outs that appear to occur when the error log says
> the server client limit reached. The config file is set to limit at
> 100. I could change this but the connections keep coming until I
> reboot the IceCast program. We normally only have a few clients
> listening at a time so getting 100 plus hits sounds like maybe an
> attack.

Are you using AWS?

> How can I stop the drop outs in this situation?

It depends on what the situation is.

There are a lot access to the admin interface with bad credentials
according to your log. Maybe an accesslog would help to clear that up.
However the accesslog may contain more sensitive data.

With best regards,

--
Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Bickinger Straße 21