[Icecast] IceCast Stream stopping due to server client limit reached

PSRFM Support support at psrfm.org.au
Sat Jun 25 06:36:43 UTC 2016

Our IceCast streamer version 2.4.1 provides an aac and mp3 stream from our
community radio station. We have recently had a number of streaming feed
drop outs that appear to occur when the error log says the server client
limit reached. The config file is set to limit at 100. I could change this
but the connections keep coming until I reboot the IceCast program. We
normally only have a few clients listening at a time so getting 100 plus
hits sounds like maybe an attack.

How can I stop the drop outs in this situation?

Thanks.

JD