[Icecast] Config and other areas of struggle

Alan Bowness awi3 at live.com
Fri Jul 22 22:31:23 UTC 2016

I use it for streaming 24/7/365 on the WAN – no issues at all in using the default ‘localhost’, sometimes I may use the LAN assigned IP too.
Though it is just a constant stream, no tunes or play lists are used here. So I have no experience with that, though port forwarding is part of my day job in regard to anything ‘servers’.

I still think it’s a simple forwarding/addressing thing, else wouldn't have chipped in, though I do like to try now and then.

You did not explain why ‘The hostname should be set to the external hostname of the server, NOT
the internal IP (like 192.168.x.x) unless you only use Icecast in your private network and do not want to use it from the internet’

It’s not constructive at all, to me, or anyone who does not comprehend the reasons why one should NOT do that.

BTW, Damien has the issue, not me.

Be nice to know why I should not do what I do, do, with my Pi’s though

Regards